Preventative Dentistry is the modern way we can save you time, money, pain, and ensure you keep your teeth for your lifetime
What can you expect at your check up and clean appointment?
- A thorough Examination of your teeth and gums for any signs of tooth decay or gum disease
- Oral Cancer screening : Early detection is vital in the management of cancer. We carefully examine your soft tissues to identify any early changes that could lead to pathology.
- Intra-Oral Photographs : These are important in monitoring changes to suspicious soft tissue lesions and are a great educational tool.
- Digital Low Radiation Bitewing Radiographs : To ensure we can properly examine decay prone areas like between your teeth. We take radiographs or get access to your previous radiographs from your previous clinic. Radiographs can also help us diagnose bone loss and gum disease.
- Dietary tips : We can go through your diet with you to determine if anything you’re consuming is unknowingly causing you decay
- Oral Hygiene Tips : We can discuss your current routine and identify areas you may want to tweak to improve.
- Scale and Clean : We use very fine handpieces to ensure you have the gentlest clean possible.
- Stain Removal – a cost effective and gentle way to improve stained teeth is a Prophy Polish. This uses a paste with a spinning plastic cup to remove any external stains caused by tea/coffee/smoking/day to day life from your enamel