Ensuring a child’s first visit to the dentist is a positive one is vital for a lifetime of dental health.
We’ve kept this in mind when designing our child friendly clinic.
A few things we’ve incorporated to make them feel at ease are:
- Dedicated Children’s Play Area in our waiting room. We have Colouring Pencils, Toys, and a little station set up for them
- Their choice of channel, sorry adults but when a child comes in they get to choose what we’re watching on the Waiting Room TV
- A TV On The Ceiling in the surgery, so many kids refuse to lie down in the dental chair until they realise they can watch their favourite cartoons better when they do.
- A New Toothbrush, with every new check up children will get a brand new age appropriate toothbrush. Our current collection includes cars, princesses, Minions and colours.
- Sensory Explanation, many children, especially those on the Autism Spectrum are quite hesitant to cooperate with unknown sensory experiences. Because of this we take time at the beginning of the appointment to walk them through any new sensations they might come across to make them feel more at ease.
We Bulk Bill Kids who are eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS), and we do not charge gaps for preventative care for children with health insurance coverage.
Call today with your medicare card details to find out if your child is eligible for $1000 of basic dental services under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.